Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pain D'Avignon - A Cape Cod Gem


You may have noticed the list to the right of my posts called Top Ten Cape Cod Gems...last Sunday I took a ride over to visit one of them. Pain D'Avignon is everything their tagline says it is, a different kind of bakery.
The business started back in 1992 when four young Yugoslavs were brought together here on Cape Cod. Their commitment and dedication to making authentic artisan French bread is apparent in every loaf they bake. Just one bite will confirm that. I've been told they use very old French recipes that had never been translated into English.



They recently added a lovely cafe which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. While eating in Cafe Boulangerie one can view all the fresh baked breads on display. I enjoyed the Mediterranean salad and Ally had curried chicken salad on a fresh baked croissant.  Both were excellent.



I also got my olive oil refill. They sell the Ariston Greek Olive Oil and offer an affordable refill program. Just bring in your empty bottle and you can fill it up, have lunch, or enjoy dessert and an espresso at this very special spot. We also brought home the 3 lb. loaf of cranberry pecan bread. For all those not within driving distance, I encourage you to take a virtual visit: Pain D'Avignon.

No comments:

Post a Comment